CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Project Life Tuesday ~ Week 47

IMG_8031You might notice something different about my week 47 spread.  I haven’t done the journaling yet.  I have the cards in the pockets, but haven’t had the time to sit down and write about each picture yet.  But, I’m perfectly fine with that for now b/c I keep a daily blog so I can go back and fill in those blank journaling cards over the Christmas break when things slow down a little bit.  I’m implementing one of the things Becky is teaching us in her Project Real Life class… Embrace Imperfection!!!

Monday ~ Tonight for our weekly Girl’s Get Together, we went over to Karri’s house and played cards.  It was so much fun, and Autumn had a grand old time playing upstairs w/ the older kids.  We’re so blessed to have such great friends.

Tuesday ~ Mom is just the best Mimi ever!  She dressed up as a Pilgrim today and went to Autumn’s daycare to help serve the kids some Thanksgiving foods.  I hope Autumn appreciates how lucky she is to have a Mimi (and Papa) that love her so much and are so involved in her life and that do neat things like this.

Wednesday ~ Autumn got to “Face Time” w/ Bubzy, Justy & Jewelsy b/c they were in Utah visiting Jason & Nicole for Thanksgiving.  It was so fun for her to get to see them via the phone and talk to them.  I’m glad she can strengthen her relationship w/ them thanks to such incredible technology!

Thursday ~ HAPPY THANKSGIVING!  We went out to Aunt Sandy & Uncle Robert’s house and had a Thanksgiving feast.  After lunch, the kids (except for Autumn) were CRAZY & decided to jump in the pool.  It was warm outside, but that water was super cold.  That didn’t stop the kids and they had a blast.  They didn’t get dressed after they got out of the pool, and just played like that the rest of the day.  This picture of them playing on the fort 1/2 dressed just cracks me up.

Friday ~ I accidentally switched the pics for Friday & Saturday when I put them in my Project Life spread this week, but who cares?  The important thing is that a snippet of our lives those days were documented.  Lexie & I got the Christmas tree up, which is our new traditional Christmas chore.  Once we had the tree up and the lights on it, we had the kids come in to help us decorate and put on ornaments.  These are hand made starched snowflakes that our Great Grandma Taft made.  It’s so neat to see her great great grandchildren now continuing the tradition of putting them on the tree.

Saturday ~ Today was NON-STOP FUN!  Mom had a bunch of crafts for the kids to do to keep them busy.  Then in the afternoon when they were getting cabin fever, we went outside to rake leaves and them let the kids jump in the piles.  I LOVE this picture of Papa sitting in the leaves w/ his 3 grandbabies.  We had so many pics from today that I had to include a Flip Flap (see picture below) to fit in 2 more pics.

Sunday ~ We took advantage of having Mom, Dad, Nick, Jon & I around to bring down all of Mom’s nativities for the crèche this coming week.  Lex watched the kids while we hauled them all down from the attic and stacked them in the garage.  Mom has so many that it took up 1/2 of the garage.  It’s not a chore we look forward to every year, but many hands make light work.  Plus, it’s worth it to see them all displayed so beautifully each year and the joy & Christmas spirit that it brings to others.

IMG_8033
This is the inside of the Flip Flap I used for Saturday to include 2 more pictures of our activities.  I just adore this picture of Autumn & Andrew throwing leaves and laughing.  The leaves look like they’re raining down like fall time confetti.  Once it got dark, Lexie & Jon & I took the kids to 7 Eleven to get hot chocolate and then we went to the big musical Christmas tree and let the kids dance and run around.  Lexie even got in on the dancing action and got the kids up on this bench to dance.  This was their grand pose at the end of a song.  We had so much fun!

IMG_8035I usually just stick to the core kit for my journaling cards, but when I saw THESE adorable “Happy Fall” 3x4 cards by Crystal Wilkerson & Kristina Proffitt, I knew that I could use them for my Project Life pages.  I especially love the “Gobble, Gobble, Gobble” one.  They have some equally adorable Christmas ones for sale now.  The little pendant is one that I won in a blog giveaway from Elle’s Studio.  I just used a little piece of tape to adhere it on top of the plastic so it wouldn’t ruin the picture and am going to write “Happy Thanksgiving 2012” on it.

IMG_0577-001
I was in Target the other day and LITERALLY did a happy dance in the aisle when I saw they are now carrying We R Memory Keepers 12x12 binders!  They are only $19.99 each, which is a great price b/c I used to buy mine from Ritzacamera.com (which no longer carries them), but I was also having to pay for shipping and having to wait a week for them to come in the mail.  Now I can have immediate gratification and get them at Target for the same price w/out paying shipping!  I got 2 of the Kiwi ones b/c I am going to be using the Olive edition next year and thought that the bright green in that edition will be a fun color to highlight.

IMG_7957-001I already blogged about these HERE, but wanted to share them again as part of this Project Life Tuesday post in case y’all don’t read my blog every day.  They are double sided 4x6 cards that are perfect for Project Life.  I especially like the idea of having 6 – 4x6 VERTICAL cards on a 12x12 spread.  Maybe Becky will come up w/ a plastic page like that.

I am linked up over at The Mom Creative.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY, Y’ALL!!!

2 comments:

Chantel said...

Oh that's so awesome that Target has them. We are finally getting a Target here soon so I hope they carry them too!

Craftcherry said...

I always think getting the pictures in my album is so much harder than the journaling. You layouts will look great when they are complete.
I'll probably be going to Target today. Might have to pick up those double sided cards! I'm really liking the We R Memory Keepers stuff.