CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Project Life Tuesday ~ Week 22

IMG_9597(Sorry that this picture looks so fuzzy on my blog!  It looks nice & crisp on my computer screen before I upload it to my blog.)

Monday ~ Autumn & I didn’t sleep in on our Memorial Day.  We got up at 6:30 so we could take Papa & Mimi & Nick to the airport.  They are going to Japan for 2 weeks to visit Nate & Riannon.  Luz came to clean & Autumn played w/ her kids and had fun.  I had fun watching day time shows that I usually don’t get to watch.  We did some grocery shopping, cooking, and ended the day at the Deckers.  Autumn played w/ the girls and I watched The Bachelorette.

Tuesday ~ Midge (Mom’s cousin) & Peggy called Mom last week to say they would be driving through Texas & wanted to stop by and visit.  Mom was so sad, b/c it was the day after they left for Japan.  But, Autumn & I were excited for them to come so we could play hostess.  They wanted to go out to dinner, so we went to Cheddars.  I got Autumn in bed when we got home and then we had fun chatting and catching up.  They are both such sweet & incredible ladies and I’m glad they came to visit.

Wednesday ~ Autumn is such a sweet little love bug & likes to write me notes.  I love having a spot for her to craft & create next to me at the kitchen table.  She likes to use my washi tape & her handwriting is so great for  Kindergartner.  She only needs help spelling a few of the big words.  These love notes from her mean so much to me.

Thursday ~ We had Ben & his family over to swim tonight & celebrate the last day of school!!!  I can’t believe they’re going to be 1st Graders already.  It seems like just a few short months ago that school started & now it’s already over.  It has been fun to see how much Autumn has grown & learned & changed for the better.  We are so glad that Ben & Autumn were in the same class & that we got to celebrate the start of summer w/ him and his family.

Friday ~ It was so nice to have a short work week.  Autumn was so excited to get to go to daycare all day today & just play since school is over.  All we had planned for tonight was my new visiting teacher coming over to say hi and drop off some homemade banana bread.  Autumn was thrilled that we got to just stay home and watch a movie, b/c we usually can’t on weeknights b/c it’s too late.  She picked a Barbie Pegasus movie & I painted her nails all sorts of fun colors.

Saturday ~ For my journaling card today I used the blank 3x4 grid card that Autumn wrote out her list of things to do before the pool party we had today.  Once a year a group of us that used to work at a pest control company together try to have a pool party so we can reconnect.  Autumn’s handwritten list cracks me up:

  • Get mail
  • Pick mushrooms (there are wild mushrooms in the yard that we dig up & throw away)
  • Food
  • Flodes (floaties for the pool)
  • Drecks (drinks)
  • Toyays (toys)
  • Mack dzrt (make dessert)
  • Swem (swim)

Sunday ~ A few weeks ago Bishop was going around and saying hi before sacrament meeting started.  As a cute way to connect w/ Autumn he commented on how her dress kind of matched his tie.  He told her to send him a picture of her dress some Saturday night and he would see if he could find a tie to wear that would match the colors in her dress.  So, Autumn brought it up this Saturday night so we texted him a pic of her dress.  When we walked into church today I cried through the whole meeting b/c Bishop had on a tie that matched her dress PERFECTLY!  It meant so much to both of us that such a busy man would do such a small but meaningful thing to make Autumn feel special.  It was truly a tender mercy and reminded me that Heavenly Father is aware of us.

I am linked up over at The Mom Creative.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY Y’ALL!!!

3 comments:

Jen T said...

Love Autumn's notes and your 'to do' list! So cute! love the Bishop picture. That is cool he did that! I am sure it made her feel so special! have a good week!

Craftcherry said...

That is such a cute to do list! What a fun thing to include.
Love Autumn's love note too. :o)

packmom said...

Looks like lots of pool fun. It's so much more relaxing when school is out and you can just have fun and stay up later and enjoy life! Love that sweet little note. What a special girl you have :0)