CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 26, 2016

Scary Storm & Kissing Cousins


 The weather was CRAZY this afternoon. A huge storm started rolling in around 3:30, and I was all done with my work so I left early to get ahead of the storm. That ended up being a bad choice, b/c I got stuck right in the middle of the storm. It was raining so hard that I couldn't see and everyone was going about 15 mph and we all had our hazard/flasher lights on. There were so many lightning strikes around me that my ears started to buzz/ring! I thought I was going to get struck by lightning in my car.

 I called Mom to ask her if they were getting the torrential downpour and home and she said there wasn't a drop of rain anywhere and that the skies were blue and beautiful. I was heading north on the freeway and all of a sudden at one of the exits off the freeway the rain stopped and the skies were clear & sunny?!?!
 
 We were sooooooooooo EXCITED for Lexie & her family to get here. Now we can start the party!

 We had pizza for dinner and then took the kids outside so they could run around and be loud and burn off some energy. We had to get another "kissing cousins" picture on the stairs, b/c it's been a long time since we've taken one.


 After the kids were hot & sweaty from running around, we went back in the house and had cake & ice cream to celebrate Jackson's 5th birthday (which was earlier this week). His facial expressions crack me up, and it makes me laugh when he gets a little twinkle in his eye.

After the birthday festivities Papa, Jon, Andrew, & Jackson all went to the local high school's first football game of the season. What a fun evening, and I'm so thankful that the whole family is finally back together again!!!

No comments: