CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Project Life Tuesday ~ Week 30

IMG_9984

Monday ~ After dinner tonight, Autumn didn’t want to watch Perry Mason b/c she said it was too boring!  LOL!  So, I told her to get out a book and read to me.  She didn’t want to read to me, but she wanted to read to Rufio.  It was SO CUTE to see them reading Green Eggs & Ham together.

Tuesday ~ I was sent an email by alohaislandlei.com to see if I would be willing to review a free lei that they would send me.  I said OF COURSE and was so excited when they showed up on my doorstep one day.  The leis are so fragrant & the craftsmanship was exquisite!  I especially liked seeing them on my Polynesian Princess model.

Wednesday ~ When I got home from Young Women’s tonight, Autumn & Papa were out in the pool.  Ever since Autumn started cheer practice, she’s wanted to learn how to do a handstand.  So, Papa was helping her practice in the pool.  I used to do these all the time when I was little and thought I was hot stuff.  LOL!
(I’m disappointed in how dark this picture was when I got it printed off at WalMart.  Usually they do a great job, but this was much darker than how I sent it to them.)

Thursday ~ Autumn & I were swimming tonight & Rufio came out on the patio & talked to us while we swam.  Autumn wanted to go get the hula hoop by Mom & Dad’s back door but was FREAKING OUT b/c she said there was a bug back there.  She’s turned into such a prissy girl all of a sudden.  Papa showed her it was just the shell of a cicada and eventually got her to hold it in her hand.

Friday ~ I had Autumn fill out this card so I could have her cute handwriting.  It’s a picture of her friend, Emily, from daycare and they decided to dress up and match each other for twin day.  It’s so funny b/c Autumn’s so much taller than her.
(See insert below)

Saturday ~ When Rufio & I were out running errands, she pointed out a building down on Sandhill Road where she & Grandpa Jay used to work bagging potato chips when they were newlyweds.  When we got home she went in her room & brought out this pay stub from 1947 that is in pristine condition!!!  How cool is this???
(See insert below)

Sunday ~ On my way out of Provo today, I had to pull over and snap a pic of the building where she & Grandpa Jay bagged potato chips.  She said it’s obviously been painted & updated, but this is it.  I’m SO GLAD that I come from a LONG line of memory keepers!

IMG_9979Design C is still my FAVORITE for inserts.

Rufio & I got up this morning & went to the funeral of Don Eldredge.  He’s my 1st cousin once removed (I think).  His Mom, Velma, is my Grandpa Jay’s older sister.  I’m glad Rufio was able to be there for it and represent our family.

After that, we went to Rumbi Grill for lunch b/c I love their rice bowls & sweet potato fries.  Plus, the décor is all Polynesian so what’s not to love?

We came home & both took naps.  Then I met up w/ my friend, Monique, & her husband (they got married last month) at Bamboo Hut for dinner.  It was so great to see her & catch up.  We saw Merrill J. Bateman (he was the president of BYU when I was going there) go next door to get a sandwich.

After dinner w/ Monique, I drove up to BYU to walk around my old stomping grounds.  Such good memories!!!  I also went to the Creamery to get a mint brownie & “squeaky cheese”.

I took Rufio to WalMart to get some groceries since she’s been gone for 2 weeks.  I love it that she buys “Granny’s Delight” bread.  This is such a good picture of her!

IMG_9983It was nice to sit in church w/ Rufio today.  We said our good byes after sacrament meeting.  I love her so much!!!

I went & packed up my stuff, said good bye to Aunt Jill & Uncle Rick, and then went up to Aunt Jeri’s to drop off a puzzle.  It was good to see Jennifer & Josh again, too.  This HUGE flower was growing in their yard and is so pretty!

I got to the restaurant early where Brooke had picked to go to lunch, and was so pleasantly surprised when I walked in and saw that Shanti (Jason’s sister-in-law) still works there.  It was GREAT to catch up w/ her and see pics of her ADORABLE son, Christian.

Brooke & I had such a great time talking and getting to meet in person, b/c we had only ever chatted online before.  This was such a serendipitous lunch!  She’s just as wonderful person!

Before I had to leave to take the rental car back to the airport, I drove a few blocks south and went and saw the “castle house” that we lived in when I was a little girl.  It was sad to see how run down it is and how overgrown the bushes are.  But, I’m glad it’s still there and that I was able to get a picture of it.  I have lots of good memories in that house.

I am linked up over at The Mom Creative.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY Y’ALL!!!

2 comments:

Jen T said...

Love BYU mint brownies!!! Their ice cream is to die for also! So fun to go there! love all your pictures this week! You do come from an awesome line of memory keepers! And you are a great example for Autumn!

packmom said...

That's the perfect way to learn a handstand--in the pool! Sorry the picture turned out so dark. Can you ask them to redo it? Might be worth a try. Looks like a lot of good quality family time this week which is always wonderful.