CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Project Life Tuesday ~ Weeks 51 & 52

IMG_1174

Monday ~ I love this movie (Last Holiday) b/c I relate to it in so many ways.  My family calls me “Queen Lisa-tifah”, I love to scrapbook, the place she goes looks a lot like Slovenija, she loves Emeril Lagasse, she loves to cook, etc.  I’m just wondering where MY big, buff, brown Sean Matthews (LL Cool J’s character) is???  “The secret to life is … butter!”

Tuesday ~ Autumn & I went over to Liz & Liberty’s to put together some treat plates to take around to people in our ward.  We made this plate of half eaten cookies & real coal for Steve as a joke.  I almost hit a dog that ran into the road & the dog’s owner yelled at me for going too fast (I was going UNDER the speed limit).  Her dog wasn’t on a leash like it was supposed to be!!!  Autumn said, “Mom, you should have let me handle that!”  LOL!

Wednesday ~ Tonight for Young Women’s we went to the $1 Store & then over to the big musical Christmas tree to exchange the gift they got for the name they picked of another girl in the class.  Sis. Lee & I got them these shower caps & they all put them on, which surprised us.  It was a fun night & I’m glad they all came & were good sports about it.  I love Young Women’s.
(I wrote all of their names on the back of the journaling card, b/c I know in 20 years from now I’ll have a hard time remembering all their names.  I need to be better about writing down names of people in my pics).

Thursday ~ Tonight when we got done w/ dinner, Dad took cans of Almond Roca around to the neighbors.  Autumn wanted to go w/ him and put on this Santa hat.  When they got back, Autumn & I ran to WalMart to get a few things.  Then once she was asleep & Nick got home from work, I went & saw “Saving Mr. Banks” by myself at 10:00 pm.  I had the whole theater to myself, and the movie was excellent.

Friday ~ It was our ward Christmas party tonight & it was really well done.  Santa asked Autumn what she wanted for Christmas & she said, “another Barbie b/c I have 30.”  He said, “now I know where they’ve all been going!”  Autumn was such a big helper at the end of the night & went around gathering up all the Poinsettia plants off the tables.  “Many hands make light work.”

Saturday ~ I went to the temple this morning & then we went to visit Uncle Robert b/c he just got out of the hospital after his hip replacement surgery earlier this week.  He’s doing really well & is even going up and down stairs already!  Then we went over to Cowboy’s Stadium for the UIL State Championship.  Autumn got to wear her cheer uniform one more time.  Our Eagles are AGAIN State Champs & we set a record w/ 54,347 in attendance!  GO EAGLES!!!

Sunday ~ The Christmas program at church today was really nice.  I taught in Young Women’s about spiritual gifts & the Beehives joined us.  Autumn & I had to get a pic together b/c we haven’t done that in a while, plus she looked so nice in her Christmas dress.  We’ve got our “sassy” pose going on.  I’m so thankful for her & that we have each other.

IMG_1175

Monday ~ Autumn & I snuggled on the couch to watch some Christmas classics.  Then we went to a local shopping center & got a fancy crepe & walked around to look at Christmas lights.  It was a great Mommy/Daughter date night.

Tuesday ~ It was an odd Christmas Eve b/c Mom & Dad took Autumn w/ them down to Austin.  I took Nick to work at noon, wrapped presents, made cream cheese bread, & then picked Nick up from work at 7:00 pm.  We made it to Lexie’s at 10:30 pm.  The kids look so cute in their new Christmas jammies.

Wednesday ~ MERRY CHRISTMAS 2013!!!  It was a wonderful day.  The kids got lots of presents & we all had lots of presents under the tree.  The best gift was being together as a family.  We left at 5:30 to get home for work tomorrow.  I am so thankful for my Savior’s birth & life.

Thursday ~ Autumn was a complete angel tonight & made the nicest dinner for Papa on her own.  She made this plate of food for him & wrote the sweetest note to go along w/ it.  She’s so loving & I’m proud of her!

Friday ~ I wasn’t able to watch the Downton Abbey Season 4 Finale at Lexie’s on Christmas Day b/c the internet connection was spotty.  So, I curled up on the couch in the formal living room & watched it at Mom & Dad’s.  I LOVE DA!!!

Saturday ~ I went & got my nails done this morning & then went over to Mom & Dad’s so Autumn & Andrew could play together (he & Mom came home from Austin last night).  Autumn & I also did a lot of “looming” w/ the Rainbow Loom from Christmas.

Sunday ~ What a great way to end the last few days of the year!  Adam Jay (after Grandpa Jay) was born today at 3:42 am.  He weighed 9 lbs 14 oz & was 22” long!!! Lexie is amazing for doing it all natural.  YAY for a new & healthy baby in our family!

I’m already done w/ my first weekly spread for 2014.  However, I will wait & share it next week, b/c I like to be a week “behind” in sharing so it gives me more time to get pics chosen & printed & get the journaling done w/out feeling stressed.  I started my week w/ Monday the 30th & don’t care that it’s got 2 days of 2013 & then jumps into 2014.  I wanted to keep my pages consistent w/ a Monday – Sunday weekly spread.

I was ELATED to find the Project Life planner at my local Michael’s on Saturday.  I bought the planner & a binder & then went to IKEA and just sat in one of their living room vignettes & set up my planner.  It was greatness.  I’ll share pics of it next week.

I am liked up over at The Mom Creative.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY Y’ALL!!!

1 comment:

Jen T said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas with your family! Such a blessing to have family close this time of year! looking forward to seeing your next year's Project Life spreads! Happy New Year!!